At the recent Ultimate Web Blueprint workshop on the Gold Coast, I set a challenge for participants. I offered 2 x FREE one hour power calls with me for the person who could implement the most by the end of the week.
The reason why I did this is because I know from both personal experience and observation of others that if you don’t start to take action on new knowledge immediately, then it tends to slip away and is soon forgotten about. Life gets in the way, you get caught up ‘doing the do’ in your business and don’t get around to all that ‘important stuff’ that really builds your business.
Most of the participants seemed really excited by this challenge. There were many who said they were up for it – but knowing human nature, I knew that only a small percentage would actually do something about it.
Was I right?
Only a couple of entries came in….
Perhaps I’ll never know the true reason why the majority of people didn’t enter. But I can’t help but wonder why so many people don’t take an opportunity when it is right there in front of them.
But enough of that for now… Let’s turn our focus to the winner of this implementation challenge….
(drum roll…..)The winner of the Ultimate Web Blueprint implementation challenge is Sue Deans, from Brisbane.
I received a video from Sue on Friday, in which she said, “Setting that challenge has really motivated me and set a deadline to get stuff done.”
As I listened to the video, I could see what she was talking about! In between working full time and being a mother to her children, Sue has been working really hard at implementing a lot of things that she learned at the Ultimate Web Blueprint workshop.
Here’s a summary of what she achieved in just five days:
- Outsourced the creation of 3D logo video animation [and received it in time to use on her Implementation Award video entry!]
- Recorded webinar with a leading author in her niche
- Outsourced the webinar to be transcribed
- This content will then be syndicated on her blog, YouTube and iTunes
- Bought a keyword rich domain name
- Joined Pinterest and started pinning, creating links back to her site
- Joined YouTube
- Lined up two different interviews, which she will then write articles about
- Contacted a market leader for possible joint venture
- Found an affiliate product she can add to her site
- Changed the layout of her site to increase conversions
- Written copy for the optin box on her website
- Started writing an e-course for the free give-away/optin
- A lot of research and planning with what she wants to do
It’s a long list, isn’t it??
It just goes to show what can be achieved in a short space of time when you put your mind to it. In the video Sue sent me for her entry, she said, “I’ve now have a much clearer idea of what I want to do and how I see myself in my business. I’m really excited about making process!”
Congratulation, Sue! I am really looking forward to working with you over two strategy sessions in order to see the magic we can create in your business!